Iron Sky Urges Fans to Remix Putin – well, you get what you wish for. Here is my take on teaser starring Kari Ketonen as infamous Vladimir P.
Iron Sky director Timo Vuorensola was inspired by the many remixes that was made instantly the new Star Wars: Episode VII teaser came out. That’s why Iron Sky gave their material to their fans, so they could see how they want to mix the published teaser.
Remix package included about 4 minutes of material starring Kari Ketonen, some credits and of course original music. Instructions said that you can basically do what ever you want with the material, but instead going totally crazy I decided to concentrate with the dancing and using Kari Ketonen’s charisma in my version of the trailer.
Basic idea was to to change Iron Sky’s original first image to the last image, and their last image to the first image. That was the starting point, then I wanted to show Putin as a dreamer, who when not conquering world, just want’s to dance. There could be heart somewhere, although it is very, very deeply buried.
Some details about my version:
– 1 min 30 seconds
– Includes 49 clips put together
– Music track is original and untouched
If you want to try making your own “Putin Remix” video, here’s how it works:
1. Download video materials from here: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/ironsky/p… (or if you prefer download the torrent)
2. Edit your Putin dance
3. Upload it on Youtube
4. Add link to our campaign to your video : www.igg.me/at/thecomingrace
5. Send a link to your video to us: email@example.com
6. We will post the best videos on Iron Sky Facebook-page.
Go on, get creative!
(Instruction taken from https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iron-sky-the-coming-race–2#remix)